Meta's Quest 2 ecosystem grows slowly but steadily
The Meta Quest 2 ecosystem is growing slowly but steadily. Meta proves this with new figures.
During Meta Connect 2022, Meta gave an update on the state of the ecosystem. As usual, the company refrains from mentioning sales figures of headsets and instead provides statistics on sales in the Oculus Store. This makes sense. After all, it is how much money users spend on content that matters, not how many headsets are in circulation and gathering dust unused.
The last update was in February 2022, and Meta partly to these figures with some additional and more recent information.
- 33 titles made over $10 million in gross revenue, an increase of 11 apps since the company's last announcement.
- The number of apps that have made over $5 million in gross revenue doubled since last year to 55.
- Bonelab (review), which hit the $1 million mark last month in less than an hour, set the record as the fastest-selling app in Meta Quest history.
- Both Zenith: The Last City and Resident Evil 4 made over $1 million in their first 24 hours on the platform.
- WarpFrog's Blade & Sorcery: Nomad, the version built specifically for Quest 2, made its first $1 million in just two days.
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners has surpassed $50 million in revenue on Meta Quest alone-nearly double its revenue on all other platforms combined. Skydance Interactive's already wildly successful post-apocalyptic zombie shooter The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners (review) has also now surpassed $50 million in revenue on Quest alone. That's nearly double its revenue on all other platforms, which includes PSVR and PC VR. The Meta Quest store accounted for nearly half of the game's lifetime revenue, showing the value the marketplace can deliver for VR publishers.
- Developer success also extends to App Lab which now has over 2,000 apps.
- This value reached a new milestone of $1 billion. In September 2020, one month before the launch of Quest 2, this value was $150 million.
- 8 VR apps have earned more than $20 million in revenue.
- 14 have earned more than $10 million.
- 17 have earned more than $5 million.
- More than 120 VR apps made $1 million or more, twice as many as last year
Note: Links to online stores in articles can be so-called affiliate links. If you buy through this link, MIXED receives a commission from the provider. For you the price does not change.